Caring your jewelry, tips for long life:
1. Keep your jewelry away from the following as much as possible:
a. Water, lotion, perfume, or other harsh chemicals
b. NEVER wear jewelry in the pool or ocean
c. When NOT wearing, keep in your Fishbone design jewelry box or pouch
2. Do not use soap/water or jewelry cleaner to clean your handmade jewelry. Just rinse under the sink with water & wipe away any excess until dry.
3. ESPECIALLY NEVER USE SILVER JEWELRY CLEANER – it has a mild acid and will ruin your fashion jewelry and strip the finish in seconds!
4. Fashion Jewelry is best worn for occasions – If you are the “I never take it off & wear it everyday” type of person – your jewelry will not last as long as someone who wears their jewelry every now & again. I often relate jewelry to clothes. Someone who wears the same shirt everyday can not expect it to last as long as someone who only wears the item once a week.
5. In time, if your jewelry has lost its luster or the plated – don’t despair – you can refresh them again in silversmith workshops.
With proper care, a piece of my jewelry is meant to last a lifetime. We hope these tips give extended life to your jewelry !